(Border Regional Organisation of Councils)
Objectives of the Organisation are to:
- Provide a forum for member councils to consider and discuss matters affecting the region.
- Advocate for the best outcomes for the region at a state and federal government level.
- Ensure the sustainability of the region through contributing to the effectiveness of all member councils.
- Undertake projects that have a material benefit to some or all member councils of the Organisation to promote regional cooperation and the efficiencies of individual councils.
Membership of the Organisation shall be open to, but not restricted to, the following councils:
- Gwydir Shire Council
- Inverell Shire Council
- Moree Plains Shire Council
- Tenterfield Shire Council
- Walgett Shire Council
- Goondiwindi Regional Council
- Balonne Shire Council
- Southern Downs Regional Council
- Bulloo Shire Council
- Paroo Shire Council
Meetings of BROC
The Organisation shall normally meet at least four (4) times annually, one of which will be preceded by an Annual General Meeting.
PO Box 138
Inverell NSW 2360
Chair, Cr Kate Dight: 0428 753 244